Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 22: The bears come closer

Today was a slower day and I got to stay at the cabin all day long! David, Evan, and Jake went into town and did the mountains of laundry we found in Josh’s room. Not that it was all Josh’s – though we do have to wonder what other people’s laundry was doing under his bunk. Hmmmm?

The rest of us stayed at the cabins, preparing to close them up (until the swimming pool opened and they went in for a swim... and mug up). The plan is to migrate the four who remain in the crew cabin into the bunkhouse because that takes a plywood covering over one window and a padlock to close, while the crew cabin requires mouse-proofing, condensation-proofing, inventory, many windows, and the door.

When the town group returned, David came back to my cabin to tell me that he saw a bear at the pond behind my cabin - the one we draw water from for our wash-down. Happily, Roger had also just arrived, with his wonderful camera. These are my favorite of the photos he got. I believe he was standing on the bunkhouse with the rest of the crew...













That was the photo I got, not of the bear, but of the bear watchers.

No comments: