Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pre-season June 9, Day 10

Tried to use the cell phone from the beach to do an interview. I’m not sure if the problem was on my end or on the end in Florida, but it didn’t work. So I went into town and did the interview from the laundry room in the cannery. I’d have used Roy’s room, but we had rescheduled the interview for noon (4 in Florida) and I knew Roy would want to nap right in the middle of my interview. So I moved my office to the laundry room. I picked that location because there are outlets for the computer and if I get cold, I can turn on a dryer. Also, I ran down to mug up to grab a whatever-they-had-leftover and it was a Danish. My hands were sticky and I was able to begin to run one of the washing machines and wash my hands in the incoming water. What more could I ask for?

But the really exciting thing is that Harry, Makenzie, and Everest came in today, on the same flight as Josh, along with the frozen freight, which we ended up having to store in the fisherman’s walk-in freezer. The thermostat should come any day and then our freezer should be functional again. Cooking for 5 people is a completely different operation that cooking just for myself. Then, it’s not really cooking – it’s more like: hey, I’m hungry. Ok, a can of spinach with some vinegar and a bag of cashews. OK, and a chunk of chocolate.

Overall, it’s a different place now and it was great to see them all. Other people can make you laugh in a way you just can’t do on your own.

We put the red truck into service today. Definitely a beach truck. Expired tabs (they were sent to Seattle) and it sounds like no muffler. We drive with the windows open.

Liz

No comments: