Saturday, July 17, 2010

Life changes

It turns out that I'll be returning to Seattle quite a bit earlier than planned. We've had a very sad loss in our family so I'll be returning home to help with that and be helped by the closeness of family and friends. I'm sorry to leave this season on such a sad note, and it reminds me that life just marches on forward anyway. I'm so grateful to have such an outstanding crew; they'll get everything buttoned up for me under Josh's leadership. I know I'll have to let them know how to figure out what goes to the warm room, what needs to be protected from lemmings, what needs to be protected from condensation - and how to do all that stuff. What needs to be shipped south, what needs to be stored in Debby's cabin and what can be left out. Oh boy, it's a lot of information. And I think they'll still go to Katmai.

And I just wanted to say one other thing - the woman at Alaska Airlines was heroic in her efforts to change our reservations - mine, Trina's, Harry's and his daughter's (who I think of as my niece), and our mom's. That's a whole lotta changing during an impossible time to book a flight out of King Salmon. So thank you, Alaska Airlines!

Jake said he would take over with updates. He might start today - maybe after I leave. Thanks for keeping us company this summer. Liz

3 comments:

Llyra said...

Liz--
I was with Sonja when she got your e-mail. My thoughts are with you and your family. I'm so sorry.
-Llyra

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog and am sorry for your loss. My thoughts will be with you and your family. Be good to yourself.

Kathy LP-(aka Erik's mom)

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for your blog and the great pics. I've learned so much about fishing in Alaska. Thanks for feeding my son Jeff. No worries, I can't get a belly from him either. Wish I had his metabolism.

Take care,
Laura C.