Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4: Getting tired of mice

The second night I was here, an alarm clock went off during the dark hours. I felt around for it and it seemed to be coming from under the bunk. I thought I would find it the next day, but I forgot. So it woke me again on the third night and I couldn't get back to sleep. I did find the clock, though.

I decided that if I couldn't sleep, I'd do something useful so I got up for a while. I guess the little critters didn't move out just because I moved in. I'm not sure I see them, but I sure do hear them. People around town have been talking about using the sticky-traps. Sigh.

I found a couple in the bottom of the garbage can. They were not old and dried. Euww.

I made it all the way through the cabin today - loft, my room, and even cleaned the mudroom. Even though I'm tired of the critters, I really like starting the season with a clean cabin, knowing where the caribiners are, knowing that I *can't* find the shackles that are usually in the mud room (uh oh) and throwing out bags and bags of things that even I think are garbage, but with less time, I'd just shove to the back (for another season) and work without that space.

No comments: